I have been dying to share this DIY Margarita Bar post with you!
It is delicious and easy and oh so much fun!! Eric and I hosted the entree portion of a progressive dinner at our home with two other couples recently. They brought the food (a taco bar with sides) and all we had to do was provide the drinks.
Bryce and I headed to the grocery store to grab a boat load of limes and the rest of the ingredients we would need. He had a blast pushing around the mini shopping cart and I just about had a heart attack as we walked through the wine section!! He moves so fast it’s almost impossible to get a picture of him without motion blur.
I put Eric in charge of the beer and I made this DIY Margarita Bar with three different flavor options. Agave, Blackberry, and Mango Habanero. Delicious I tell you! And of course, I had to take this opportunity to decorate our chalkboard wall in the kitchen!
The “bar” consisted of a large pitcher of pre mixed margarita mix (you can buy it too!) as well as 3 jars of simple syrup. It’s super simple to make a pitcher of mix all you need is lime juice, triple sec, and tequila!
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups Lime Juice (15-20 Limes)
- 2 cups Triple Sec
- 1 750ml Bottle of Tequila
- Pre mix the above ingredients in a pitcher.
- Cover and chill for a few hours before serving.
- Guests will add their own flavored syrups when making their drinks!
You can also make any type of simple syrups using fruit and other flavors. You can even make your own agave syrup but who has time for that! There are plenty of store-bought brands that will work just fine.
I chose to make a blackberry syrup and a “Disney inspired” mango habanero syrup that my sister recommended. Both recipes are included below!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 container blackberries
- Boil water, sugar, and blackberries in a medium sauce pan over medium heat until sugar is completely dissolved and the blackberries are soft.
- Let cool and strain into a jar. Use a wooden spoon to push all of the juice out of the berries.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 Mangoes pureed
- 1 Habanero Pepper Sliced
- Boil water, sugar, mangos, and a sliced habanero (remove seeds if you want a milder flavor) in a medium sauce pan over medium heat until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Allow habanero to steep for 10-15 minutes.
- Let cool and strain into a jar. Use a wooden spoon to push all of the juice through the strainer.
I placed little dishes of sugar and salt for the rims and each person was able to add their flavor of choice to taste! I had an adorable mason jar mini-cutting board with a bunch of limes, habaneros, and blackberries so they could also add their garnishes. My husband may have had a couple of margaritas and decided to test out eating slices of habanero by the end up the night. I can safely say that he would NOT recommend it. LOL.
Try this DIY margarita bar for any occasion to really liven things up!