Instant Pot Oatmeal is a great recipe to get you going on cold weekday mornings. Check out this yummy recipe using apples, cinnamon and steel cut oats! It’s easy and delicious.
This Instant Pot Oatmeal recipe needs very little explanation and thanks to the awesomeness that is the Instant Pot it is so easy to make!! Make sure to scroll down past the recipe card to read some tips and tricks to help you make this a fast weekday breakfast!
- 3 TBSP Butter
- 1 C Steel Cut Oats
- 2 1/2 C Water
- 1 Apple - Cored, Peeled and Chopped
- 1 TBSP Brown Sugar
- 1 TSP Cinnamon
- 1/4 TSP Kosher Salt
- Select the Saute setting on your Instant Pot.
- Add the butter and once melted add the oats and cook for two minutes.
- Add water, apple, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- Place lid and select the Manual setting, high pressure, for 7 minutes.
- Allow a 10 minute natural release and then using a kitchen tool or thick towel release any remaining pressure.
- The oatmeal will thicken as it sits.
- Garnish with more chopped apples and brown sugar.
Apple Chopping Tips
This recipe is really fast! The only thing that takes a little time is chopping up the apples. There are a few things you can do to save you a little bit of time in the morning. I have one of these apple corer and slicers and it is definitely a time saver. One of these days I want to get this Spiralizer attachment for my Kitchen Aid mixer, but since this recipe only calls for one or two apples I probably wouldn’t use it for such a small amount. 🙂
Double the Servings
A quick note. While this recipe only feeds four, you can easily double it. Just remember that double the ingredients does NOT mean double the time. Still only cook it for 7 minutes.
Products from Amazon.com
Sweet and Savory Sealing Rings
Have you noticed that the lid to your Instant Pot smells a lot like your previous meals?? Turns out it’s the sealing rings. They absorb the odors of the foods you cook. I have been cooking a lot of savory dishes and I will be moving on to more dessert style recipes soon. It just seems wrong to cook a cheesecake when my Instant Pot still smells like Beef Stew! A friend of mine mentioned that you can purchase a two pack of the Sealing Rings and use one for sweet and one for savory. Definitely a great idea and I will be adding it to my Amazon cart this week!
I hope you enjoy and please let me know if you have any questions!