This easy steak and smashed potatoes is the perfect weeknight meal!
There is something so comforting about steak and potatoes. I know for sure it is a fan favorite in our household! I used broccoli in this recipe, which definitely is not a household favorite, but you can really substitute any vegetable you think your family will eat.
The best part of this recipe is how easy it is to prepare. Now, it’s not quite a one pan meal. I won’t lie to you. There is nothing worse than picking a self proclaimed on pan recipe and only finding out that you have to mix things in three different bowls and then sauté and then bake and then… well you get the picture.
This recipe just requires a pot to boil the potatoes and then a sheet pan to broil everything. That’s not so bad, it all cleans up pretty quick and doesn’t that sound fantastic! Check out the recipe and make sure to read the tips down at the bottom.
- 2 lbs Steak - 1 to 1 ½ inches thick will work best
- 6 Medium Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 1 Package FrozenBroccoli Florets (250g)
- 2 TBSP Unsalted Butter
- 1 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
- Shredded Parmesan
- Salt & Pepper
- Boil Potatoes for 25 - 30 minutes
- Mix together butter and garlic in the microwave
- Lightly spray a sheet pan with olive oil spray
- Line the pan with broccoli, steaks, onions and potatoes
- Brush each of the steaks with the olive oil
- Slice each of the potatoes in half and mash them down low with a potato masher or a fork
- Drizzle the potatoes with the butter and garlic mixture
- Salt and Pepper as desired
- Broil in the oven for a total of 15 minutes (Flipping the steaks half way through)
- Pull the pan out and sprinkle the potatoes with parmesan cheese, broil for another 3 minutes
- Allow your pan to sit for 5 minutes before cutting the steak, salt as desired.
- Make sure your steaks and potatoes are close to the same thickness. This will allow you to get your steaks as close to your heat source as possible.
- If you prefer a good sear, and don't mind the extra dishes you can sear your steak on the stove top in a hot grill pan before adding to the pan.