If you live in the south then you know that your supper on New Years Day should have a couple of essential components. Namely, black eyed peas and greens. This is supposed to ensure a prosperous new year.
Well have I got the recipe for you! This is one of my favorite GatheredTable recipes and it is a great addition to your New Years Day supper! And if one of your new years resolutions is to get organized and eat healthy then check out GatheredTable they are a great meal planning service!
Black Eyed Peas With Kale And Pancetta
The more black eyed peas you eat the more good luck you'll have in the new year!
Write a review
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pancetta
- 2 whole ripe tomatoes
- 1 bunch lacinato kale, stems removed, chopped
- 16 ounces black eyed peas
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Chop onion, pancetta, tomatoes and kale.
- Prepare black eyed peas according to package instructions.
- Heat oil in pan. When hot, saute onions, pancetta, tomatoes, kale and cooked black eyed peas until onions are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper and dried herbs.
- Per Serving based on 4 servings
- Calories: 231.67
- Protein: 12.95 g
- Carbs: 31.91 g
- Fiber: 12.57 g
- Sugar: 5.48 g
The Un-Coordinated Mommy https://theuncoordinatedmommy.com/